Asset based factoring is often referred to as ‘Revolving Credit’. Asset based factoring Factoring (or as it is sometimes known – Invoice based Finance) is a flexible funding and collections service which releases cash tied up in outstanding customer invoices, bridging the cash flow gap between raising an invoice and getting paid. Asset based factoring is a common method for business to release much needed money from their unpaid invoices.
Why is asset based factoring useful?
In the UK there are thousands of companies that, due to the lack of assets on their balance sheet, find it very difficult to borrow money from banks or other lending institutions. This is a perfect scenario where asset based factoring can turnaround a situation.
The advantage of asset based factoring is that the process offers a alternative method to borrow money based on the level of sales the business makes. Therefore the major advantage of asset based factoring is that it is flexible and the asset based factoring facility will increase as sales increase.
Who is asset based factoring for?
Any businesses who offer their customers’ credit should consider asset based factoring. Asset based factoring is useful for small, undercapitalized or rapidly growing companies because they often suffer from cash flow problems because their working capital is tied up in accounts receivable.
Why do so many businesses need asset based factoring?
- They need to turn invoices into immediate cash to pay current expenses,
- They need to buy stock,
- They need to purchase equipment
- They need to repair equipment
- They need to expand, etc.
What sort of businesses should consider asset based factoring?
Any business that generates invoices on credit should consider asset based factoring:
- Service industries,
Businesses which us asset based factoring feel that it’s a constant and expandable source of business finance – if they win the order, they’ll get a significant percentage of the invoice value in cash as soon as they submit the invoice to the factoring company.
Asset based factoring is a useful tool for helpline a business fund its working capital but many business owners do not like asset based factoring because they don’t like third parties collecting invoices from their clients. For this reason many businesses use asset based “Invoice Discounting”. Invoice discounting is an alternative way of drawing money against your invoices. However, your business retains control over the administration of your sales ledger. It can provide a cost-effective way for businesses to improve their cashflow. Invoice discounting is similar to asset based factoring.
What is asset based lending?
Asset Based Lending is when an organisation lends money to an organisation against their property, plant, machinery, stock, or sometimes even their brand name. It delivers sophisticated solutions for a variety of scenarios including growth, MBOs, MBIs, mergers and acquisitions, refinancing, turnarounds, and public to private transactions (across both a European and a global arena). It is also not uncommon for several Asset Based Lenders to work together in what is known as a ‘syndication’, to combine the lending power required.
Can a business used Asset Based Factoring in conjunction with asset based lending?
Yes, asset based factoring and asset based lending can work together to help businesses in need of a cashflow needed turnaround
You can get a quote on asset based factoring today by calling 0800 597 4757 or completing the form online.
- Compare Factoring Companies
- Compare Factoring Quotes
- Guide To Factoring
- Factoring Explained
- Which businesses are suitable for factoring?
- The benefits and advantages of using factoring
- Invoice Factoring
- Factoring Advice
- Online Factoring Quotes
- Factoring Brokers
- Factoring and Invoice Discounting Frequently Asked Questions
- Invoice factoring in the UK explained
- Debt factoring
- Compare factoring lenders
- Free Factoring Advice
- Who uses factoring Services?
- Glossary of factoring terms
- What is asset based factoring?
- What is accounts receivable factoring?
- How can factoring help a business?
- What is credit factoring?
- Factoring in the UK
- What is Export Factoring?
- What is Domestic Factoring?
- Factoring and Invoice Discounting
- How invoice factoring can solve business cash flow problems
- What can a factoring company do for your business?
- Factoring quote
- Choosing the best factoring service
- Factoring Invoices
- What is business factoring?
- A brief overview of invoice factoring in the UK
- Choosing the right accounts receivable factoring company
- Release cash immediately with accounts receivable
- The benefits of accounts receivable factoring
- Arranging a factoring accounts receivable facility
- Business Receivable Factoring Vs Factoring
- The benefits of using factoring solutions
- Why do you need a Factoring Consultant?
- Advantages and disadvantages of small business factoring
- What you need to know about business factoring services
- Company Factoring UK
- How does business debt factoring work in the UK
- Commercial factoring overview and benefits
- Looking for a Factoring Company
- Considerations when selecting factoring companies
- The benefit of Factoring Brokers
- What is a factoring broker?
- Free Factoring Advice Service
- Finding the best factoring deal for UK Companies
- Free Factoring and Invoice Discounting Advice
- Factoring companies in the UK
- The advantages of using a broker factoring company
- Factoring future cash payments
- Broker Factoring
- How can you or your business benefit from Business Factoring?
- The benefits of using a broker factoring company
- An overview of Independent Invoice Factoring Companies
- Is my business eligible for Asset Based Lending?
- Which lender is right for your business if your business trades UK wide?
- Choosing a factoring company to help your business grow
- The benefits of using broker factoring
- Factoring for new businesses or startups
- Factoring for export companies
- Invoice factoring in the UK explained
- Factoring Agents
- Factoring Companies
- Invoice factoring and finance for SME businesses
- SME factoring in the UK
- SME Finance
- Accounts receivable finance funding
- Business invoice factoring
- Buy Invoices
- Cash flow advice for UK Business
- Cash flow finance financing advice
- Cash flow help to business in the UK
- UK factoring and invoice discounting advice service
- How can a factoring adviser help your business?
- UK factoring consultants
- UK factoring firms
- Factoring future cash payments for small to medium size businesses
- Factoring Information
- Getting a factoring quote
- Factoring can take the worry away from invoicing
- Using a factoring company to get money in quickly
- Recourse factoring explained
- Non recourse factoring explained
- Purchase order financing in the UK
- What is Reverse Factoring?
- Small business financing
- Working capital factoring explained
- Business Debt Factoring
- Factoring advice for increasing cashflow
- Factoring to solve cashflow problems
- Are you looking to change your factoring company?
- Commercial finance solutions
- Credit Factoring Advice
- Courier Companies
- Recruitment Companies
- Logistic Companies
- Construction Companies
- IT Companies
- Manufacturing Companies
- Media Companies
- Advertising Companies
- Printing Companies
- Publishing Companies
- Professional Services
- Retail Warehousing Companies
- Distribution Companies
- Phoenix Companies
- Haulage Companies